1. Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI ) is one of the Regional Groups of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) and one of the seven regional working groups.
2. Other Regional Groups of INTOSAI are AFROSAI, ARABOSAI, CAROSAI, EUROSAI, OLACEFS and SPASAI.
3. In September 1978 and May 1979, the Charter for ASOSAI and the Rules and Regulations of ASOSAI were promulgated respectively. First, ASOSAI was established with 11 members.
4. The Membership of the ASOSAI consists of Primary Members and Associate Members. Now membership has grown to 45 SAIs.
5. The objectives of ASOSAI are as follows:
- to promote understanding and cooperation among member institutions through exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit;
- to provide facilities for training and continuing education for government auditors, with a view to improving quality and performance;
- to serve as a center of information and as a regional link with institutions in other parts of the world in the field of Public Audit;
- to promote closer collaboration and brotherhood among auditors in the service of the Governments of the respective member institutions and among regional groups;