1. The ASEANSAI is founded in line with the objective of the established of the ASEAN community in 2015 and is a professional organization which is autonomous, independent and non-political.
2. The ASEANSAI initiative comprises of the Supreme Audit Institutions of ten ASEAN Member States as Member of ASEANSAI and Myanmar SAI is also one of the member country.
3. The agreement on the establishment of the ASEAN SUPREME AUDIT INSTITUTIONS (ASEANSAI) was approved by the establishment of ASEANSAI declaration and the first Meeting on the Island of Barli in the Republic of the Indonesia at November 15 to 17, 2011.
4. The objectives of the ASEANSAI are as follows:
1) To build capacity and promote cooperation and understanding among the Member of ASEANSAI through the exchange and sharing of knowledge and experiences in the field of public sector auditing so as to strengthen the audit institutions.
2) To provide a conducive environment and facilities to promote research, training and continuous education among the Member of the ASEANSAI through the sharing of best practices and exchange of lessons learned.
3) To serve as a centre of information and as an ASEAN link with other international organizations and institutions in the field of public sector auditing.
5. The functions of the ASEANSAI include the following:
1) To create and maintain a data bank of best practices, standards and methodologies in the field of public sector auditing.
2) To organize seminars, workshops, studies, or other activities related to the exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of public sector auditing.
3) To undertake other activities that will promote good governance and cooperation among Member of ASEANSAIs.
6. The benefits obtained as a member of ASEANSAI are as follows:
1) Able to promote understanding and cooperation among the Supreme Audit Institutions of ASEAN Member States in the field of public sector auditing in order to safeguard a stable and prosperous ASEAN Community.
2) Able to result in the enhancement of public accountability and transparency with the stability and prosperity in ASEAN can be achieved where there is good governance system and that closer cooperation among the member countries.